I've also been working over the Pennines this year with Audiences Yorkshire as part of their Ni11 work, as well as developing content and delivering Strategic Marketing seminars for them.
I was invited back to The Whitworth Art Gallery to manage local and regional press for The American Scene, a touring prints exhibition from The British Museum. Then there's been the ongoing social media marketing work for Preston Museums Group and their Hands on Gang family friendly project, and marketing and PR planning for Global Threads, the Northwest's Stories of the World 2012 Cultural Olympiad contribution. Both of these projects continue into next year.
This time last year I was just about to finish my Press Officer freelance contract with Contact and wasn't sure what work would be round the corner. Luckily I've been busier than ever before - and am still loving the flexibility and variety that freelance work offers. I'm looking forward to returning to Contact on the 9th February to run the Arts Marketing Association Northwest Member Meeting - kindly hosted by their new-ish Artistic Director Baba Israel and Head of Marketing Claire Will. It's an informal networking event taking place from 5.30pm onwards - on the 9th we'll be focusing on the impact of social media marketing. If you're interested in coming along get in touch - it's open to non-members as well as members of the AMA. It'll cost you £5 payable on the door, which covers our hosting costs. Refreshments are provided.
I'm also only a few months off completing my British Sign Language Level 3 qualification. Need to start thinking about how/if I can combine this with the business at some point after May. Lots of business planning to do around this...and maybe registration for Level 4.
Well that's a small snapshot of what I've been up to in 2009. Here comes 2010 and hopefully just as busy a year!

No comments:
Post a Comment